Wednesday 11 February 2015

We never go out of Style
















Skirt - Topshop. Top - M&S (just hear me out...) Jacket and Shoes - New Look.
One thing that people often say when asked who their style icon is, is their mum. I never really thought of my mum as a 'style icon' or anything, she just always wore nice clothes and that was that. But recently, with a specific style coming back around I've realised that in reality my mum and I actually have a very similar style,  meaning that some time in my life, she must have inspired me! Over Christmas one of my aunts said jokingly that all my mum wears is black - and I always joke around with my friends how all we wear is black (a little bit of white!) Alos last November when my mum and I went out we both were wearing grey clothes with some kind of roll-neck, and since we both have short blonde hair ( much to my dad's dismay) we look even more alike! 
I've even gone as far in this outfit as wearing her clothes! This roll-neck is hers, I've been lusting after one for ages and hadn't managed to buy one and then when I bought this A-line black denim skirt from Topshop the other week, I knew a fitted grey roll-neck top would be perfect with it. My mum always wears roll-necks under pinafores or chunky knit roll-neck jumpers with jeans - I remember when I was little not liking them because I felt like they were choking me! But after all these years, I suppose she has inspired me - Thanks Mum! (Or Mummy as even though I'm an 18 year-old, I'll never not call her mummy...)
Anyway, I better go and start school for today, I've had two coffee's before it was even 8 o'clock, so I'm sure I'll be crashing in a few hours, Hope you week is going well!



Now Reading // Landline by Rainbow Rowell - I've only just started this but I already love the setting and set up of the book.
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Gorgeous minimal look - love how you have styled the Denim Jacket <3 xx

    www.lurchhoundloves.com
    http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/4995777

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah I love this look and that it was inspired by your mum. My mum is a major tom-boy so I definitely don't get my fashion love/inspo from her bless her, but I can totally see why people would. There's something so classic and effortless about "mum" fashion sense, I love it :)

    Elle
    www.theellenextdoor.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete

© StyleStorey

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig